Professional sought to support the leadership team of the Philadelphia Lank Bank.
The Philadelphia Housing Development Corporation (PHDC), a non-profit organization funded primarily by the City of Philadelphia and Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, is looking for a professional to support the leadership team of the Philadelphia Lank Bank. Primary responsibilities include highly specialized and technical work in support of public and privately assisted programs and projects generally designed to produce community development projects including, but not limited to, business, economic and residential developments.
Senior Development Specialist responsibilities may include:
- Conducting research related to land acquisition
- Reviewing proposals to evaluate project feasibility, including determining suitability of proposed land uses and financial feasibility
- Preparing memoranda on activities and transactions
- Maintaining accurate project data and reporting project status on a regular basis
- Preparing specialized maps and other graphics
- Responding to customer inquiries regarding Land Bank activities and land use opportunities
- Assisting with special projects, as assigned
Competitive Starting Salary, Superior Health Insurance, Generous Pension Plan, Life Insurance, Deferred Compensation and Generous Paid Leave and Holidays
- Graduation from an accredited four year college or university.
- Four years of progressive experience in real estate development and technical assistance programs, three years of which has involved the analysis of residential/commercial development projects utilizing complex financial techniques, coordination of technical assistance workshops and seminars and the preparation of funding proposals.
ONCE HIRED, THE EMPLOYEE MUST BECOME A RESIDENT OF THE CITY OF PHILADELPHIA WITHIN SIX MONTHS OF APPOINTMENT AND MAINTAIN RESIDENCY STATUS IN THE CITY OF PHILADELPHIA AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
Applicants for this job opportunity must mail, fax or e-mail a cover letter and resume to:
LaVerne P. Harris at PHDC Human Resources
1234 Market Street, 17th Floor, Philadelphia PA 19107
Please contact LaVerne P. Harris at 215-686-9724 if you have any questions regarding this job opportunity.
This job opportunity will be posted until a sufficient number of qualified resumes/applications have been received.
PHDC is an equal opportunity employer and does not permit discrimination based on race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, source of income, familial status, genetic information or domestic or sexual violence victim status.